The Not Prescribed Lesson provides teens in middle and high schools with the science and the stories to understand the risks of misusing prescription drugs and tools and resources to manage their own health as well as advocate for their peers' health. This standards-based lesson leverages personal testimony from teens and their families through a compelling video and provides educators with a science-based interactive presentation to facilitate conversation and learning. After facilitating the Not Prescribed Lesson, students will know and understand:
- What prescription drugs are
- Appropriate use of prescription drugs
- Effects of prescription drug abuse
- The developing brain
- How positive and negative decisions affect the brain
- Addiction and overdose risk factors
- Healthy decision-making.
The Not Prescribed Lesson is a program of the Colorado Meth Project.